FREE SHIPPING IN THE USA
EXPERT TECHNICAL SUPPORT
IN STOCK MEANS IN STOCK
The J-Tone is a new on board preamp with a fully passive signal path and a high spec professional active preamp. It is designed to fit directly into any jazz style bass without the need for invasive modification to the instrument. In passive mode, the original jazz style bass is fully maintained since the signal path is a replica of those in the original Jazz.
The J-TONE pre amp was created to replicate the authentic original passive wiring of the J style bass with a high spec Active EQ. It’s designed as a direct drop-in replacement, including a place for the battery. It’s easy to fit at home using basic tools, no soldering, no physical changes to the instrument.
The Active EQ is simplicity itself, incorporating highly responsive bass and treble controls, taken from the John East high end UNI-PRE system. Internal edge wheels allow individual custom voicing for both the bass and treble control spectrums. Instrument qualities can be enhanced in conjunction with tone-shaping to match playing styles.
Available with Chrome Jazz Plate and Chrome Knobs
Volume/Volume Stack -- Treble/Bass Stack -- Passive Tone with Active-Passive Push-Pull
Volume/Blend Stack -- Treble/Bass Stack -- Passive Tone with Active-Passive Push-Pull
TECH & SPECS
- Class A FET input stage for great sound quality, with master gain trim preset adjuster.
- Highly responsive Bass and Treble control adjustments in active.
- Frequency Wheels to set the width of the bass and treble spectrums individually.
- Passive Tone is always operational, in both active and passive.
- Passive Tone has plug-in tone cap to allow easy swapping of the cap value for different roll-off frequencies.
- Bass control can be set as boost/cut or boost only, with an internal jumper link setting.
- Screw terminals for all external connections – pickups and grounding, for easy installation.
- To ensure correct sizing: check that a 9V battery drops into the cavity close to the jack, and that there’s a depth of 32mm.
- Design allows 9V Battery to mount beneath the preamp in a standard J style bass.
PASSIVE MODE:Neutral at response in accordance with passive control settings.
ACTIVE MODE: Neutral at response when Bass & Treble controls are set to their centre clicks.
GAIN TRIM: Internal Trimmer 0-12dBs setting overall gain of active circuit.
BASS CONTROL: +/- 18dBs Cut/Boost with internally adjustable shelf frequency 40 - 200Hz.
TREBLE CONTROL:+/- 18dBs Cut/Boost with internally adjustable shelf frequency 1kHz - 7.5kHz.
J Tone User Manual