- Look really, really cool. The visual impact of these pickups is substantial. No, it has nothing to do with tone, but c'mon ... it's fun to be cool!
- High quality build, as you'd expect from Nordstrand.
- I'd agree with the "even and clear" assessment ... these are very articulate pickups. Makes up for the "con" items below.
- More top end than I was expecting. First pickups I've ever played, where I feel the need to turn down the treble. Not "clicky", but lots of high end.
- I put each pickup into a series/parallel/single wiring setup. That was almost useless. I end up just leaving these in series all the time. There's not a big difference in tone going to single or parallel, but there is a significant volume drop. (You'd expect some, but maybe not as much as I got.)
- Not exactly huge output on these. Because of that, plus the top end item above, I highly suggest either installing a preamp on the bass, or using a really good preamp pedal.
Sign up and get an occasional email with helpful tips, new arrivals, and more.